[PLUG] new user question

Mel Andres mel97215 at comcast.net
Thu Oct 20 00:36:31 UTC 2005

On Wednesday 19 October 2005 16:51, Bruce Kilpatrick wrote:
> Does anyone on this list use SuSE?
> I am a relatively new Linux user and am having troubles getting a modem set
> up in 9.3 Professional.  It reads as a U.S. Robotics Model 5610.  I have
> followed some directions I found online for this model to no avail. From
> the reading I have done on this list it seems most of you are heads and
> tails beyond where I am.  If my questions are too basic for this list,
> please let me know.
>
> Bruce Kilpatrick
> bakilpatrick at oregon-net.com

Bruce,

  Many on the list are experts, ( I am not one of them) but no question is too
small to ask. I too run Suse 9.3, but have never used a modem on linux. Your
best friend in your situation is Google (you'll probably hear that often). I
did some google searching and found this:
http://www.usr.com/support/product-template.asp?prod=5610b

At the bottom of the page is a link for an RPM, and brief instructions.

You may want to look at this too:
http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Modem-HOWTO-2.html

Mel Andres