[PLUG] Web site editor

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Oct 21 18:00:22 UTC 2005

On Fri, 21 Oct 2005, Jason R. Martin wrote:

> I'm looking for a Linux-friendly web site editor (HTML, CSS, etc.) to do
> fairly basic editing (my homepage basically). I have basic familiarity with
> Dreamweaver, so something similar to the functionality provided by that
> would be great. In particular I like the WYSIWYG combined with source-code
> editing that Dreamweaver provides. Anyone have any suggestions/anecdotes to
> share?

Jason,

   Take a look at cssed <http://cssed.sourceforge.net/>. He just released
0.3.0; I used 0.2.1 and liked it -- but I still went back to emacs after
awhile.

"... CSSED a GTK2 application to help create and maintain CSS style sheets
for web developing.

"CSSED is a small developer editor and validator, that tries to ease the CSS
editing. It is an Open Source project, it means that you can download the
program but also its source.

"It features syntax highlighting, syntax validation, MDI notebook based
interface, quick CSS properties and values insertion, auto-completion and
dialog-based insertion of CSS complex values.

"Iago Rubio - CSSED author and project administrator."

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President     |   Author of "Quantifying Environmental
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM) |  Impact Assessments Using Fuzzy Logic"