[PLUG] Identifying RAM Speed

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sun Oct 23 21:41:16 UTC 2005

   How can I learn the speed of the RAM installed in a host? I see nothing in
/proc/meminfo; that's all about usage.

   When the host boots I see a reference to DDR 400MHz RAM, but the motherboard
supports DDR 333MHz at the fastest. I'd like to see what's actually
installed. This is on a Soyo Dragon Ultra motherboard with the VIA KT333 chip
set. It keeps hanging on me when loading X or working in an application, as
well as not letting xmodmap read ~/.Xmodmap. Yet, it's supposed to be a very
high quality board.

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President     |   Author of "Quantifying Environmental
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM) |  Impact Assessments Using Fuzzy Logic"