[PLUG] Best hardware

Steve D... blitters at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 18:49:39 UTC 2005

On 10/26/05, Steve D... <blitters at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 10/26/05, Dirk Ouellette <hapibeli at comcast.net> wrote:
> > May I have some ideas on the quietest, most reliable hardware, as in the
> > harddrive, fan [s], motherboard, and maybe a flat screen 17" to 19"
> > monitor under $1,000 not counting the monitor.? Should I move to  64 bit
> > ? I'm tired of the noisy high pitched whines.
>
>   I'm running an MythTV box with a 1.3G P4 CPU.  The stock box roared
> like an F-14 on a takeoff roll.  I stuffed the ATX motherboard inside
> a Antec Sonata with a Quiet PC kit.

  Sorry about that...  I hit the "send" instead of the "save" button.

  I also added a quiet CPU and two quiet case fans.  The system is
whisper quiet when I'm sitting next to the machine.  It's completely
silent when it's across the room in my TV stand.

Steve D...

--
"Beneath every no / lays a passion for yes that had never been broken."
Wallace Stevens