[PLUG] multi-gateway round-robin NAT?

Aaron Burt aaron at bavariati.org
Wed Oct 26 19:01:37 UTC 2005

On Wed, Oct 26, 2005 at 11:45:46AM -0700, Russell Senior wrote:

> I am looking for pointers on how to implement a multi-gateway
> load-balancing routing on Linux.  That is, clients on a networks
> forward to a router that decides which (equal-cost) outgoing interface
> to use on a per-TCP-connection basis.  Anyone have experience with
> this kind of problem, want to suggest workable solutions?

Multiple uplinks?  I've been trynta make that work, too.  There was a
MWVLUG presentation on that recently, but I missed it.

I've unsuccessfully tried the kernel-router based instructions at:
http://lartc.org/howto/lartc.rpdb.multiple-links.html

Currently thinking about using Zebra instead:
http://lartc.org/howto/lartc.dynamic-routing.html
http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/linux/library/l-emu/

Let us know what works for you,
  Aaron