[PLUG] Weird e-mail

Russ Johnson russj at dimstar.net
Sat Oct 29 17:29:58 UTC 2005

Richard C. Steffens wrote:

> Is there some way to set myself up to run a MTA and still use
> Thunderbird and Comcast? Or do I need to switch to a different e-mail
> client (and fiddle with stuff I haven't taken the time to read up on
> related to Unix mail systems) to be able to do that? From the brief
> perusal I gave the SpamAssassin site last night, it appears that I
> can't use it with my current setup.

Fetchmail works well for a lot of this. It can retrieve and then have
programs (like spamassassin) process the mail.

Once it's on your system(s), you can then use whatever you want,
including thunderbird, to read the mail.

--
Russ Johnson
Dimension 7/Stargate Online

Top post? http://www.caliburn.nl/topposting.html

Random thought #9 (Collect all 25)
"There is no knowledge that is not power." - Mortal Kombat Three