[PLUG] Thinkpad T42 comments?

Russell Senior seniorr at aracnet.com
Thu Sep 1 15:34:00 UTC 2005

I am considering buying a ThinkPad T42 with the 14.1-inch 1400x1050
display, the IBM (not Intel) 802.11 a/b/g radio and bluetooth.

I want the 1400x1050 display because I've become spoiled by the one
I've had on the old Compaq Presario 1800T.  The a/b/g radio is to make
debugging easier for some community networking I am involved with.

According to the lenovo website, the machine I've spec'd is a 2378RRU,
around $1700.  Anyone here have experience with one of these or
similar, plus or minus?  I've already looked at Linux on Laptops.

seniorr at aracnet.com