[PLUG] Mounting USB "Thumb" Drive

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Sep 1 16:20:46 UTC 2005

   Several years ago, Linux Journal had a step-by-step guide to identifying
which /dev/sdaN was recognized as the inserted USB thumb drive, and how to
mount it. I cannot find it in my collection here nor on the LJ web site.

   It's been a long time since I used that drive, and I cannot mount it. I try
mount -t vfat /dev/sdaN /mnt/thumb
and I'm told that the SCSI device doesn't exist.

Pointers appreciated,

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President     |   Author of "Quantifying Environmental
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM) |  Impact Assessments Using Fuzzy Logic"