[PLUG] DVD+-WTF

D. Cooper Stevenson cstevens at gencom.us
Fri Sep 2 04:54:16 UTC 2005

My wife had this trouble just yesterday--she fixed it (she's my 'secret
weapon).

I'll forward this on to her... she'll be able to provide you with the
details. I'm sketchy on the details, but I know that she burned the
DVD's firmware.

The key, I think, was modifying the "growisofs" command.

It's worthy of note that we found out a lot about squirelly DVD
manufacturers and the tricks the pull. DVD owners in the U.S, for
example--and again I'm sketchy on the details--should change their DVD
firmware from "Region 1" to "Region 2." The difference, as I recall, is
whether or not you have the ability to burn non-signed files or
something to that effect.

More on this as it becomes available.

-Coop