[PLUG] athlon64 dual core

Vincent Yau v_yau3 at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 2 23:52:15 UTC 2005

Not sure if Opteron is exactly the same as mine.
But here are the details:
   Asus A8N-E motherboard
   AMD64 DualCore Athlon64 3000+
   ATI x300 SE graphics card
   4 GB of memory

Let me know what you need to know.  The symptoms that I am seeing
is that any HEAVY network traffic will cause the kernel to panic.
One or two ssh or telnet sessions won't do it.  scp'ing several files
and http download'ing several files would cause the kernel to panic.

I was installing Fedora FC4_x86.

Can you tell me which linux distribution will be you installing on your
opteron?

--Vincent