[PLUG] combination bootable Knoppix & FAT partition on USB Flash Drive

Russell Senior seniorr at aracnet.com
Sat Sep 3 08:56:16 UTC 2005

I'd like to make a bootable custom Knoppix (or Knoppix-like) system on
a USB Flash Drive (e.g. a 512mb or 1gig SanDisk Cruzer Mini) that also
contains a windows- and Knoppix-mountable FAT partition that Knoppix
(and windows) can write to.  I am looking for a minimal-footprint
Linux environment in which to run my data collection software, and
that allows collected files to be saved to stable media without
risking touching any precious hard disk data on their machines.

I've been googling around and found some pieces.  Anyone have
experience putting Knoppix on a USB Flash Drive or have any other good
pointers?

Thanks!

seniorr at aracnet.com