[PLUG] Re: SCSI devices on Mandrake 10.1 and Mandriva LE 2005 (aka 10.2)

Kevin Cosgrove kevinc at doink.com
Tue Sep 6 17:09:06 UTC 2005

On 24 August 2005 at 12:12, Kevin Cosgrove <kevinc at doink.com> wrote:

> I'm having a heck of a time getting my SCSI devices (2 hard
> drives, a DAT tape drive, and a CD-RW drive) to be accessible
> on MDK10.1 and MDK10.2.  The two versions are 1 each on two
> different machines.  On one machine I'm using a BusLogic SCSI
> card.  On the other I'm using an Adaptec SCSI card.  The BIOS
> of both machines recognizes the cards and the attached devices.
> Linux on both machines recognizes the SCSI cards, but neither
> machine will show any attached SCSI devices.  I used to run
> MDK10.0 on the machine that is now MDK10.1, and the SCSI hard
> drives worked just fine at that time.  I was running a 2.6 kernel
> on MDK10.0, and I'm running 2.6 kernels on both machines now.

I managed to get my SCSI devices to be detected on Mandriva
LE2005.  The trick was th reinstall.  The BusLogic card was not
in the system the first time I installed.  After a reinstall
everything on the SCSI card's buss is detected.  This is on
my Athlon, ABIT system.  Next I'll try my Celeron, Intel mobo
system.

FYI....

--
Kevin