[PLUG] That's It! Nautilus is HISTORY!

Russell Senior seniorr at aracnet.com
Wed Sep 7 11:22:22 UTC 2005

>>>>> "Rich" == Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> writes:

Rich>    One day, soon after I received my new Sony notebook from
Rich> Emperor Linux, I was doing some administrative work -- su'd to
Rich> root -- and meant to type 'rm -f usr/'. However, for reasons I
Rich> need not mention, I was seriously distracted and typed 'rm -f
Rich> /usr'. Of course, I instantly recognized my error, but there was
Rich> nothing to do but wait until the entire filesystem was
Rich> deleted. Sigh.

Ctrl-C is your friend.  Or even the power cord, if necessary.

Any invocation of "rm -rf" includes two non-printing characters:

seniorr at aracnet.com