[PLUG] PCI bus voltage?

Aaron Burt aaron at bavariati.org
Thu Sep 8 18:55:40 UTC 2005

On Thu, Sep 08, 2005 at 11:32:23AM -0700, Russell Senior wrote:

> How do I tell what voltage my PCI bus runs at?  This is a Pentium
> II-400MHz box, with an Intel 440?X chipset (lspci says 440BX/ZX/DX on
> the bridge parts, it has an AGP slot if that is any help).  I am
> pretty sure it is an ASUS motherboard, probably a P2B or maybe a P2L.

Russell, you're a friendly, articulate, smart guy who's been posting
here for a long time, so I'm always surprised when you ask about
something that could be answered by tinkering, perusing the
motherboard's manual or Searching The Fine Web.

I Googled for "PCI 5V 3.3V" and got a nice answer or two without
making use of the time, attention and good-will of the couple-hundered
busy people on this list.

> I am mulling a mini-PCI adapter board that is said to support only
> 3.3V PCI buses, and want to look before I leap.

Mini-PCI uses a different connector than ordinary PCI, and is meant
for laptops.  Do you have some sort of adapter?