[PLUG] Need corporate volunteer for Asterisk testing

John Todd jtodd at loligo.com
Fri Sep 9 16:52:15 UTC 2005

I'm developing a configuration suite for Asterisk using the Soekris
4801 boxes and "astlinux", which is a compact-flash loaded version of
Linux for those devices.  The 4801 has a PRI/T1 connection on the
back of the unit.  I hope to have some "how-to" documents for
small/medium businesses and educational institutions, but I need to
have a real, live PRI system to test with (my own experiments with
back-to-back Asterisk servers just don't cut it - I need an actual
PBX to test with.)  I have a talk to give at Astercon in October on
this topic, and I'd like to have some actual tested configs to hand
out.

I would like to see if any small (or medium, or whatever) business
would allow me to "experiment" with your PBX during off hours, with
your assistance.  My goal is to get your PBX routing all it's calls
through a variety of VoIP methods if the destination of the call is
reachable via VoIP, and if not, to have the call flow normally
through your existing system.

1) You need to have at least 10 people using  your phone switch

2) Your phone switch must be connected to the PSTN via a PRI (sorry,
no FXO lines or key systems)

3) You must have a free PRI port on your switch that can make/take
calls as if it was a PSTN trunk

4) You must be willing/able to change routing on the phone switch
during experiment periods.  This does not need to be during
"production" hours.  You should have a decent understanding of how
your PBX works.

5) You must be willing/able to have an Internet connection going to
my laptop and the Soekris during the test intervals.

6) Greater Portland area is fine.  Weekends or after hours is fine;
preferred, in fact.  I'll come over to your site.

I can offer nothing in exchange, other than a brain dump of what I'm
doing and how you could do it yourself.  If you don't have a VoIP
system, I'm probably someone you would be interested in talking with
(for free!) since I have done integrations like this for several
years, and I would be happy to offer free advice or discussions while
I tinker with getting this particular configuration working.

Please contact jtodd at loligo.com for details!  Thanks in advance.

JT