[PLUG] That's It! Nautilus is HISTORY!

Jason R. Martin nsxfreddy at gmail.com
Sat Sep 10 01:46:12 UTC 2005

On 9/9/05, John Jordan <johnxj at comcast.net> wrote:
> On 8 Sep 2005, at 21:10, AthlonRob wrote:
>
> > John Jordan wrote:
> > > Thanks again for everyone's suggestions and commiseration. I feel
> > > better now, although physically exhausted. :)
> >
> > What filesystem were the deleted files sitting on?  Recovering deleted
> > files is very filesystem-dependent these days.
>
> EXT3. Sorry I forgot to mention that before.

If you don't find an easier way, take a look at the Sleuth Kit at
http://www.sleuthkit.org.  I would recommend using something like the
Penguin Sleuth Bootable CD from http://www.linux-forensics.com,
instead of using your installed distro.  In particular try some of the
stuff mentioned here:

http://www.sleuthkit.org/sleuthkit/docs/ref_fs.html

This will likely be only feasible for specific files you want to
recover, since I imagine it would take forever otherwise.

Jason