[PLUG] Sed problems

Brian Derr bderr at myrealbox.com
Sun Sep 11 21:25:25 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-09-11 at 11:00 -0600, Eli Stair wrote:
> That always works for me... off hand I'd guess that your file isn't in
> UNIX format, though I believe /^$/ would match CRLF or NL.  'file
> FILENAME' will tell you if it is in DOS format (output will be:  ASCII
> text, with CRLF line terminators) Try running dos2unix on your source
> file if that is the case.

Running `file` on it just gives me 'HTML file'.  I copied a .txt from
Windows XP and tried the test and then on a plain text made in linux.
The Windows file did not work but the linux did which leads me to the
question: is the Bluefish editor I used on the HTML file adding a CRLF?!
That just seems silly!
--
Brian

The just man walketh in his integrity: his children are blessed after
him.  -- Proverbs 20:7