[PLUG] Odd delays in Thunderbird

Richard C. Steffens rsteff at comcast.net
Mon Sep 12 15:38:52 UTC 2005

Sometimes, when starting to compose a message in Thunderbird, it takes a
noticeable amount of time (up to 20 seconds, in extreme instances),
after the composition window appears before T-bird is ready to accept
what I type for the To: line. This experience holds whether I'm using
T-bird on SuSE 9.1, or Win98SE. My wife has a similar experience on
Win98SE. I've also experienced times when I try to highlight a word with
the mouse, and nothing happens for about 10 seconds. Then, mouse actions
return to normal. To be more specific, I can move the mouse cursor to
the beginning of a word. When I click and drag, nothing happens for up
to 10 seconds, after which time, I can go back and click and drag  over
the word normally.

Has anyone else seen something like this?

Could it just be that my 5+ year old machines are not quite up to the
task of current software? All of our machines are in the 350-500 MHz
processor speed range.

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens
http://home.comcast.net/~rsteff/

Note Cards & Photographic Prints available at:
http://home.comcast.net/~rcsphoto/