[PLUG] A Wine Question

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Sep 14 13:12:44 UTC 2005

On Wed, 14 Sep 2005, Rogan Creswick wrote:

> I'm running out of suggestions, but you cuold try as above, but:
>
> wine f:/Setup.exe
>
> or
>
> wine "f:\Setup.exe"
>
> (both with the intent of making that slash "stick" rather than acting
> as an escape char.)

Rogan,

   I typed the command with the backslash, to emulate what one would do in
windohs, and the error message returned by wine removed it.

> Although, I suggest trying it from the same directory as the setup binary,
> so you don't have to debug the pathing any more than you absolutely must.

   Done.

   Anywho, yesterday evening I received a call from VMware and purchased their
"gold" support (which, for $6 more than the silver support, includes
telephone as well as e-mail). I'm confident that once I get this upgrade
issue fixed -- and it's the worst upgrade FUBAR since the pre-1.0 beta
versions I ran -- I'll have access to the MapSource data from there.

   It would be nice to load all 586M on the laptop and run it with wine, but I
have higher priorities for my attention.

   Thanks very much for all the suggestions. It would have been nice for one
to have actually worked. :-)

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President     |   Author of "Quantifying Environmental
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM) |  Impact Assessments Using Fuzzy Logic"