[PLUG] Text File Import to OO.o Converts Hyphens

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Sep 15 02:35:54 UTC 2005

   Just out of curiosity, has anyone else experienced importing an ASCII file
to OO.o and have all the hyphens in phone numbers and ZIP codes converted to
non-printing dashes?

   I've imported quite a few ASCII text files into OO.o and this is the first
time the unwanted change has happened. It's an 18-page file, too. Worse yet,
I've no idea how to specify that character so I can do a global search and
replace.

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President     |   Author of "Quantifying Environmental
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM) |  Impact Assessments Using Fuzzy Logic"