[PLUG] ThinkPad 600E Indicator Light

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sat Sep 17 23:25:35 UTC 2005

   The 600E we have here seems to have had the keyboard die; a couple of days
ago it was a couple of keys, today only the function keys work. Can't boot
because the enter key does not function.

   Along the top of the keyboard area is a row of little lcd indicator lights.
There's one for battery power, caps lock on, num lock on, scroll lock on, and
one more. I've no idea what the one on the right end indicates (we cannot
locate the manual here), and I wonder if its being on is keeping the keyboard
from working.

   I cannot find an online manual for this model; only a couple of people
trying to sell one. If you have a manual, or you know what this light
indicates, please let me know. Otherwise I guess I need to take the box to be
repaired this coming week.

Thanks,

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President     |   Author of "Quantifying Environmental
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM) |  Impact Assessments Using Fuzzy Logic"