[PLUG] ThinkPad 600E Indicator Light

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sun Sep 18 15:34:47 UTC 2005

On Sun, 18 Sep 2005, David Fleck wrote:

> Well, I can't help much -- I, too, have a manual-less 600E (with FreeBSD on
> it); but I can tell you that the little green LED you mention is ALWAYS on
> on my system, and the keyboard works fine.

David,

   I thought that the light was on continuously, but it was something to
check.

   The IBM web page provides a sequence of tests that I'll conduct today. I
suspect that it needs a new keyboard, the arrow keys and function keys work,
but not the letters or [Enter].

Thanks,

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President     |   Author of "Quantifying Environmental
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM) |  Impact Assessments Using Fuzzy Logic"