[PLUG] ThinkPad 600E Indicator Light

Michael Rasmussen mikeraz at patch.com
Sun Sep 18 22:39:27 UTC 2005

Rich Shepard wrote:
> Everything checked out OK, but when I invoked the keyboard advanced
> diagnostics, I discovered that all keys work except for the following:
>                             [Enter]
>   [z][x][c][v]    [m][,][.] [Right Shift]
>                             [Right Ctrl]
>
>   Strange. I'll call Northwest Computer Support tomorrow and ask them how
> much it costs to replace the keyboard (I don't see any visible screws and
> I've not done any build/repair work on portables over the years).

By any chance have you tried the old reliable take a can of canned air
and blow out all the gunk beneath the keys diagnostic?  Physical
obstruction is a keyboard killer.  Hair, dust and crumbs are enough to
disturb operation.

--
    Michael Rasmussen, Portland Oregon
  Be appropriate && Follow your curiosity