[PLUG] Outlook invitations to Sunbird

Roderick A. Anderson raanders at acm.org
Mon Sep 19 19:55:58 UTC 2005

I've done a bit of looking but nothing encouraging showed up via Google
so I'm hoping someone here might have suggestions.

I've just moved to a shop that is trying to transition from WinXP
desktops to Linux systems.  The first step seems to be to get the users
away from the MS stuff as much as possible.  The plan is evolving
towards Firefox, Thunderbird ( and Sunbird .)  The current issue is
getting Outlook generated invitations into Sunbird ( aka. Thunderbird
Calendar ).  I see it is on the Mozilla developers list but not done yet.

Is there any alternatives that would do this.  Ie. user gets Invitation
from an Outlook user.  They could click "I accept" and get the entry
into their calendar.

Still a small-ish shop: approx. 30 users with over half still stuck in
the MS world of Outlook, a few using Thunderbird on MS, some lucky ones
on Linux boxes using Thunderbird or Evolution, and a few more on MACs (
graphic designers. )

TIA,
Rod