[PLUG] Anyone Using Garmin GPS Receivers?

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Sep 19 23:41:24 UTC 2005

On Mon, 19 Sep 2005, Roderick A. Anderson wrote:

>   But ... I seem to remember seeing PC-CARDs ( PCMCIA ) that had a whole
> GPS receiver and decoder in the package. One of those and a PDA running
> gpsdrive would provide a really neat solution.

Rod,

   I have here an "Earthmate" GPS receiver sold by DeLorme. I bought this
years ago but never did get it to work with my Palm PDA. Will sell for a very
low price. :-)

   It's the current data on the Garmin that I want as a solution.

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President     |   Author of "Quantifying Environmental
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM) |  Impact Assessments Using Fuzzy Logic"