[PLUG] ThinkPad 600E Indicator Light

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Sep 20 03:36:46 UTC 2005

On Mon, 19 Sep 2005, Bill Sheppard wrote:

> I've found that some flat cables in laptops use a zero insertion force
> (ZIF) connector. This can be tricky to connect. Look for a movable part at
> the end (the open end) of the connector.

Bill,

   I need to find the screw on the right side, near the rear, that's keeping
it from coming apart. But, the instructions I found on the Web mention a
regular connector, not a ZIF one.

> (Couldn't find your web address)

   Huh. It's in my .sig and loads when I try it.

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President     |   Author of "Quantifying Environmental
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM) |  Impact Assessments Using Fuzzy Logic"