[PLUG] The Last ThinkPad Screw

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Sep 21 17:28:23 UTC 2005

On Tue, 20 Sep 2005, mike wrote:

> Some notebooks have little tabs or even clips look between the keys along
> the bottom. Also check that the plastic along the top by the screen is off,
> some times they hide screws under there to. You may also have to pull the
> whole keyboard straight up sometimes they have like long shafts for the
> screws.

   One of the IBM manuals I downloaded has detailed (pictorial) instructions;
I had not looked far enough back in the pdf file the first time. There's a
single screw well hidden under a black rubber cap immediately to the left of
the lights along the top of the keyboard frame. I never saw that one.

   It's all off now so I'll order the replacement and then get it all back
together so it works. Sometimes that's more challenging than pulling to get
it apart.

Thanks to all of you,

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President     |   Author of "Quantifying Environmental
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM) |  Impact Assessments Using Fuzzy Logic"