[PLUG] Kernel Version Questions

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Sep 23 17:53:30 UTC 2005

On Fri, 23 Sep 2005, Eli Stair wrote:

> The way I read it currently (as of a LKML post earlier this year) is that
> 2.6.x are considered the "development" release, those with another
> dot-release are the bugfixed/patched version of that.
>
> 2.6.13 - "development"
> 2.6.13.2  - current "stable" (until 2.6.13.3)

Eli, Aaron, et al.:

   Please, let's not get wrapped around the axle on this, for the details are
not of interest to my needs.

   What I would greatly appreciate from those of you with much more kernel
knowledge than I have is just _which_ 2.6.x kernel I should install for a
stable, production, I-don't-want-to-pay-attention-to-it machine.

   I'll try to get to doing something with the notebook this weekend, but I
must get my boat finished so I can put it up for sale. That's the highest
priority for non-work time. The Sony will keep working with the 2.4.24
kernel.

Thanks,

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President     |   Author of "Quantifying Environmental
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM) |  Impact Assessments Using Fuzzy Logic"