[PLUG] serial console administration

Paul Heinlein heinlein at madboa.com
Fri Sep 23 22:59:07 UTC 2005

On Fri, 23 Sep 2005, Eli Stair wrote:

> The Cyclades units I've been using (ACS series) [....]

The Cyclades units are the unix systems of serial consoles: you can do
just about anything with them. I was completely blown away at all the
configuration options on those things.

The Digi CM units aren't nearly as flexible, though they certainly
handle standard console setups just fine. I ended up ordering the Digi
because I've had good prior experience with the company's products,
it's got Linux under the hood, and it was ca. $1000 cheaper than the
Cyclades. (I got it on sale from Dell for a few hundred dollars below
retail price.)

--
Paul Heinlein <> heinlein at madboa.com <> www.madboa.com