[PLUG] serial console administration

Elliott Mitchell ehem at m5p.com
Fri Sep 23 23:44:38 UTC 2005

>From: Paul Heinlein <heinlein at madboa.com>
> 1. I can replumb network connections -- or kill and completely restart
>     sshd -- remotely.

I guess I might be the odd one out, but sshd is *easy* to deal with while
merely having the ethernet connection. As long as you only kill the
listening process, your session continues to exist and as long as you
verify you've restarted it you're pretty safe. This is what the init
scripts will do, logging users out isn't the job of sshd or its scripts.

At the same time, very useful for doing things with ifconfig.