[PLUG] Linux on Laptops

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sun Sep 25 18:26:57 UTC 2005

On Sun, 25 Sep 2005, Robert McIntosh wrote:

> I'll be in the market for a laptop in the next month or so and will want
> to run Linux on it (dual boot with Win XP Pro).

   Google is your friend:

                          <http://www.tuxmobil.org/>
                        <http://www.linux-laptop.net/>

   I've installed linux on an old Gateway, Toshiba Libretto L70, Toshiba
Portege 3025CT, Sony Vaio PCG-V505BC, and a ThinkPad 600E. They've run
various versions of Red Hat (up to 7.3) and Slackware (from 8.0-10.1). Each
has done everything _I've_ wanted them to do. YMMV.

Happy buying,

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President     |   Author of "Quantifying Environmental
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM) |  Impact Assessments Using Fuzzy Logic"