[PLUG] Wifi Help

Ron Braithwaite ron at braithwaites.net
Tue Sep 27 21:14:29 UTC 2005

I'm trying to help a friend with a Motion Computing M1300 Tablet PC,
loaded with Mandriva 2005 LE and the 2.6.11 kernel. It has a 1 GHz
Centrino that shows up under WinXP (it's a dual boot system) with an
Intel PRO/Wireless LAN 2100 3B Mini PCI  wireless connection. It
works just fine under WinXP.

When I do an ifconfig eth2, I see that it has given me 192.168.0.3. I
can ping the 0.3 address, but when I try to ping the gateway, I get
Destination Host Unreachable and ping: sendmsg: Operation not
permitted, with 1 packet transmitted, 0 received.

This *should* be working, but its not and I don't have a clue as to why.

Suggestions?

TIA,
-Ron

Ron Braithwaite