[PLUG] sata and eide HDD

Jim Webb jimwebb at charter.net
Wed Sep 28 20:28:11 UTC 2005

Vram,

I replaced the eide cable.  The maxtor 40BG HD is jumpered as a master
and is at the end of the cable.  But I still get the message that Drive
E: is not formatted when I try to open up some of the folders.  I guess
that there is some corruption on this HD.  I tried to fix it using a
utility to id and fix bad sectors, but that program wouldn't run to
completion.

Any other ideas????

Jim