[PLUG] FireWire support

Robert Kopp iconoklastic at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 29 03:50:11 UTC 2005

Although Acronis TrueImage is installed on a HD under
Windows, the rescue CD created with it uses Linux (but
is not open-source).

I have an ASUS A7N8X-E mobo with an onboard 1394
controller. I suspect it is not recognized by the
rescue CD (and neither is an external HD attached to
it) since the message is:

ohci1394_0: selfID received outside of bus reset
sequence

Since this is a proprietary product, and there are
many backup strategies, I am wondering whether I can
get it working or whether I should try something else.
Can anyone explain the message, in any case?

Robert "Tim" Kopp
http://analytic.tripod.com/