[PLUG] Disto question

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sun Apr 2 01:55:16 UTC 2006

On Sat, 1 Apr 2006, Christian wrote:

> Personally, I prefer Debian. I have had very little issues. I have recently
> installed Ubuntu (Breezy). It was built off of Debian. Both have run very
> well on my old piece-o-crud laptop. (Sony Vaio 700cpu, 128 RAM, wireless
> nic Cisco). I am not as *into* Ubuntu as I am Debian, so I will probably
> reinstall Debian soon.

   For Bruce's benefit, Slackware runs on everything, from 386s to IBM S/390s
(their new zClass mainframes). I use it on two 1999-vintage notebooks with no
problems.

Richard B. Shepard, Ph.D.             |  Quantifying subjectivity for the
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc.(TM)  |  benefit of business and society.