[PLUG] Xen and the Art of OS Maintenance

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Apr 3 17:53:13 UTC 2006

On Mon, 3 Apr 2006, Paul Heinlein wrote:

> My understanding is that you need an Intel VT-aware processor (or, later
> this year, an AMD processor with "Pacifica" technology) to run Windows
> under Xen. The Xen Wiki has the best discussion I've run across of what
> processors will do this:

   Thanks, Paul. I saw a brief article today on a company that's open sourcing
its Xes-based tool. That's what got me interested.

> That said, I haven't seen any documents that outline the process for getting
> Window 98 to run under Xen.

   OK. I'll stay with VMware. Apparently it's going to cost me money
regardless of solution selected.

Richard B. Shepard, Ph.D.             |  Quantifying subjectivity for the
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc.(TM)  |  benefit of business and society.