[PLUG] Linuxfest NW preliminary schedule

David Mandel dmandel at pdxLinux.org
Mon Apr 3 19:07:06 UTC 2006

> Keith,
>
>    Over the past quarter-century I have been subjected to very few well-done
> presentations. Most are appallingly bad. For some reason, teaching how to
> present an effective talk is not part of the educational or professional
> training of lawywers, engineers, scientists, or ... computer geeks.

>    Unfortunately, too many of the PLUG meeting talks are of the same
> ineffective type.

Rich,

    You must be much more discriminating than I am.
I don't really care how polished a talk is as long
as I can understand the general idea of the presentation.
If I get one or two ideas out of a presentation
(or a book for that matter) that are worth exploring on
my own, I consider the talk (or book) worth my time.
If I get one idea that I actually use in a major way,
I consider the presentation to be a Major Major Success.
By this this standand, 95% of the PLUG talks are worth my
time and a fair share of them are Major Major Successes.

    As a result, I am very grateful to our presenters for
the high quality education they have been giving me since
1994.  They are worth every penny we have given them ...
and much much more.

                                          Sincerely,
                                          David Mandel
                                          Chief Activist