[PLUG] Disto question

Jon Scully jonscully at gmail.com
Mon Apr 3 20:06:29 UTC 2006

On 4/2/06, Michael M. <nixlists at writemoore.net> wrote:

> I'm on day 2 of using Arch Linux ... so far, so good.  I've never seen a
> computer boot so quickly.  And pacman is slick.

Yes.  This thread http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?t=20157 was a real
shock.  "Wow, a 17 second boot time *with* X?"

ABS is a real life-saver, too.  What I like most, though, is hardly ever
having to wait for the latest updates.  When OOo publishes a new release,
updates are out in days.  It really helps with security patches, as well.
Good community.

(E-mail me off-line if you have any specific learning-curve questions, etc.)

--
Jon Scully
Sr. Embedded Software Engineer