[PLUG] Resolved: Thunderbird disk usage

Richard C. Steffens rsteff at comcast.net
Mon Apr 3 20:06:53 UTC 2006

Bruce Kilpatrick wrote:

> I am using Thunderbird version 1.0.7 and I can't find the "Manage
> Offline Settings" under preferences.

Edit>Preferences

brings up an Options window. The bottom icon on the left pane of that
window is "Advanced". Clicking that puts a list of things in the right
pane, one of which is labeled "Offline and Connection Settings". If you
click the "+" sign next to that line you'll see "Manage offline
settings." Over to the right of that is a button with the caption,
"Offline Settings...". Clicking on that brings up another window with
the title, "Offline & Disk Space". Note that this is the first time disk
space has been mentioned. You'll find the check box to "Compact folders
when it will save over [100]KB" near the bottom of this window.

Not exactly in the most obvious place. That's partly why I mentioned it.

HTH.

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens