[PLUG] Disto question

Bruce Kilpatrick bakilpatrick at verizon.net
Tue Apr 4 06:47:14 UTC 2006

I don't know yet what version of Linux I want to use.  I am
experimenting with my older computers to see what they will run.  I am
currently running Ubuntu 5.1 on a dual processor P3 933.  At this point
in time it is currently an Internet cruiser and something I am learning
Linux on.

I am trying to rebuild a P3 600 that took a power burp and have a P4
3.06 processor that is waiting to be built around.

The idea is to divorce myself from Bill Gates (applause greatly
appreciated here).  My wife is dependent on an internet machine to do
ordering for an organic produce co-op.  If I can get both the other
machines up and running ($$ are an issue here) then I will have one to
install and test drive any version.

If someone can tell me how to run Quicken reliably in Linux, we will
sign the papers and make the divorce final very quickly.  The AMD K6II
350 is currently being taxed to death running XP pro to provide us with
the Quicken machine.  Open Office has proved itself as a replacement for
the MS Office.

The short answer is...I am wanting to learn Linux and to do it with very
little free time.  My wife wants stable tools that work without lots of
tinkering.

Bruce