[PLUG] Resolved: Thunderbird disk usage

Richard C. Steffens rsteff at comcast.net
Tue Apr 4 15:10:12 UTC 2006

Bruce Kilpatrick wrote:
> I did some more looking and found under the File menu, just above empty
> trash, there is a "compact folders".
>
> Does this count?

That's the recommended thing to do that will actually free up disk space
and really delete deleted e-mail. You can also compact a specific folder
by right clicking on it and choosing "Compact this folder" from the
context menu.

The automation feature I found pops up a dialog that offers to compact
the folders when T-bird decides that doing so will save 100 KB or more
of space. The more important thing is that compaction be done from time
to time, so the automation feature is not critical as long as you do it
yourself.

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens