[PLUG] dual DVI video card

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Tue Apr 4 20:51:51 UTC 2006

On Tue, 04 Apr 2006 17:54:57 +0000
RParr <RParr at TemporalArts.COM> dijo:

> Hope that is not too longwinded...

I have saved it in two different places so as not to lose it. Awesome information, for which I am verty grateful.

As you surmised, yes I will be doing a desktop system, so the RAID problems you had should not be a factor.  I back up to an external USB 2.0 drive, so one single drive is all I need.

I have built computers for myself in the past, although always Windows boxes. Neverthless, I have the basic understanding of where the screws go and how to plug stuff in. And I am not afraid of the process. It's just Linux compatibility issues where I need research assistance. Your message has been invaluable.

I was thinking that it might be wise to wait until fall, but from what you say it should be possible to get it all working earlier. I think I'm going to target mid-July for this project, maybe a decent interval after Ubuntu Dapper is out.

Thanks again for taking the time to tell me the long story. I totally appreciate it!