[PLUG] Looking for a few good minds...

David Rowe drowe at laika.com
Fri Apr 7 04:05:56 UTC 2006

Hello PLUG members,

I apologize for the spam-like posting here, but I am looking for a few good
minds to help build an amazing animation studio here in Portland.

Are there any places to direct me to local talent of a higher caliber? I
chose to post to PLUG because I know that the subscribers to this group are
in the range of talent I seek. Please refrain from craigstlist type
suggestions. That will only generate too many generic replies. Perhaps there
is a web site local to Portland that has a collaboration of good talent?

Specifically, I am seeking LOCAL Sr. Linux/Windows experts for our systems
support group, however there are many other listings posted here:

http://www.laika.com/entertainment/?m=bookmark&g=company&c=jobs

Again, I know this isn't a technical related topic, so please accept my
apologies in advance. I have been watching PLUG for some time now and I
respect your forum and the sharing of its technical knowledge base.

To keep the post somewhat relevant, I'll be experimenting with my MacBook
Pro/BootCamp/CentOS4.3. Would any of you like to hear about the results of
the install? The XP install worked great! It's surreal to go from OS-X to
XP. I can't wait to put CentOS on it to see what happens!

Anyhow...Thanks for your time...

David
--
David Rowe