[PLUG] Looking for a few good minds...

Richard C. Steffens rsteff at comcast.net
Fri Apr 7 15:39:49 UTC 2006

David Rowe wrote:

> I apologize for the spam-like posting here, but I am looking for a few good
> minds to help build an amazing animation studio here in Portland.

The occasional help wanted post has always been welcome here (at least
as long as I've been here), especially when it's for someplace doing
interesting work that has the potential to be at the cutting edge of things.

> To keep the post somewhat relevant, I'll be experimenting with my MacBook
> Pro/BootCamp/CentOS4.3. Would any of you like to hear about the results of
> the install? The XP install worked great! It's surreal to go from OS-X to
> XP. I can't wait to put CentOS on it to see what happens!

One of these days I'll be looking for a new laptop. I've never bothered
to look at Apple stuff since when I started out I couldn't afford it,
and now am trying to focus on Linux. But, for the time being I'm stuck
having to live with some Win only stuff. So, I'd be interested in a box
designed to support more than one OS.

Perhaps one day, if you have a free Sunday afternoon, you could bring
the laptop to the PLUG clinic at Free Geek and show it off.

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens