[PLUG] dirvish question..

Brent Rieck bsr at spek.org
Fri Apr 7 19:07:05 UTC 2006

Eric Wilhelm wrote:
> Note that there is also a dirvish mailing list, though this is almost a
> purely linux question.

I saw that there was a mailing list late last night, after I emailed the
plug list.  I've now subscribed.

>>Stat
>>doesn't show any of the handful of files I've checked as linked files
>>and all have different inodes.
>
> Does your rsync support the --link-dest option?

It did in theory.. I was using version 2.5.6, which after getting your
clue about link-dest found had some issues; I updated to 2.6.7 and now
the snapshots are a mere 0.5% of the original, much, much better (and
they take considerably less time to process to)

Thanks for your help!

--Brent