[PLUG] Need Help w/Sound: ThinkPad 600E

Evan Heidtmann evan at evanheidtmann.info
Fri Apr 7 22:09:42 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-04-06 at 19:40 -0700, Rich Shepard wrote:
>    I've had great help here on identifying the missing sound driver for my new
> workstation. Now I'm stuck on getting sound working on my fiancee's ThinkPad
> 600E.

Rich,

On my 600E, I used the OSS driver "cs4232". This is the relevant kernel
option:

 Symbol: SOUND_CS4232 [=m]
 Prompt: Crystal CS4232 based (PnP) cards
   Defined at sound/oss/Kconfig:600
   Depends on: !M68K && SOUND!=n && (BROKEN || !SPARC32 && !SPARC64) &&
   Location:
     -> Device Drivers
       -> Sound
         -> Open Sound System
           -> Open Sound System (DEPRECATED) (SOUND_PRIME [=m])
             -> OSS sound modules (SOUND_OSS [=m])

As I recall, it has to be compiled as a module, and it needs to be
unloaded and reloaded at runtime in order for sound to play.

Good luck,

-Evan