[PLUG] Laptop Wireless Interference

Dan Young danielmyoung at gmail.com
Tue Apr 11 23:30:48 UTC 2006

On 4/10/06, Piet van Weel <pmvw at wbcable.net> wrote:
> Hey guys...
>
> Interesting question here for you. (Well actually two of them.)
>
> Does anybody else encounter severe AM interference when dealing with
> wireless devices? (aka laptops, bluetooth devices, etc.)
>
> Does anybody randomly encounter a dah-dah-de-dit-dit on their radio?
>
> Anybody know what that is, or know how to counter it?

There  was discussion on Slashdot about this recently:
http://ask.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=06/04/07/2111217

Apparently TDMA (and thus GSM and iDEN/Nextel) devices frequently do
this. The solution is to move the phone further away or shield better.

I've personally experienced this frequently with GSM or Nextel phones
and cheap computer speakers.

--
Dan Young