[PLUG] MTA Rejecting .pdf Attachments

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Apr 12 16:41:00 UTC 2006

On Wed, 12 Apr 2006, Aaron Burt wrote:

> Yes to both. I haven't the faintest idea why they'd block PDFs, but
> basically everything useful Winders users would want to attach to email
> (.DOC, .XLS, .ZIP, .JPG) has been used to carry viruses/worms.

   I have read that all Microsoft document formats have been compromised;
didn't realize that .jpg files are also in that category. I suppose that
since nothing Microsoft puts out is immune to being mis-used, the assumption
is that everyone sends only malware. "Your productivity ... our passion."
Yeah. Right.

Thanks,

Richard B. Shepard, Ph.D.             |  Quantifying subjectivity for the
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc.(TM)  |  benefit of business and society.