[PLUG] Starting a local LinuxChix chapter

Adrienne J Davis ladyfractal at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 13 17:24:19 UTC 2006

Greetings:
I was thinking about founding a local chapter of LinuxChix (http://www.linuxchix.org/). The purpose of LinuxChix, from their homepage is:

LinuxChix is a community for women who like Linux, and for supporting women in computing. The membership ranges from novices to experienced users, and includes professional and amateur programmers, system administrators and technical writers.

I'm throwing this out to the list to see if there is interest in creating a Portland LinuxChix chapter. If you are a woman on the list and think this is something you would like to see and/or be involved in, please respond to me directly. If you know of any women who are or might be interested, please forward this email to them. Thanks in advance.

Cheers
Aj
--
Aj Davis -- dreadlocked techno-mystic/Open-Source Evangelist
ICQ 4252793 YIM/AIM/MSN-ladyfractal Public Key available