[PLUG] Any GIMP Gurus Here? -- PROBLEM RESOLVED

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Apr 13 18:50:15 UTC 2006

On Thu, 13 Apr 2006, Rich Shepard wrote:

>  But, I cannot color that rim. I can fill the circle with a color, but that
> obscures the image below. Rather than having the disk filled, I want only
> the border filled with color. According to the GIMP help, I'm doing the
> correct things, but I'm seeing the expected results.

   Sigh. As is so often the case, I discovered the solution immediately after
sending the original message. What I had to do was swap the fg and bg colors
before creating the circle. Once I did that, and chose a solid like for the
stroke selection, there it was in red. Ta-da!

Richard B. Shepard, Ph.D.             |  Quantifying subjectivity for the
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc.(TM)  |  benefit of business and society.